PARENTING YOU ARE DOING IT SO FUCKING RIGHT
why can’t every parent be like this
this makes me cry so much. the fact that hes so accepting and knew since he was six
the really shitty thing about being told that youre smart your whole entire life is that as soon as you dont understand something you just kind of completely shut down and his this big shitty crisis because maybe youre not as smart as youve always been told
I’ve answered an ask on giving presentations before.
- The most effective thing you can do for a presentation is to practice. Practice on your friends. Practice in the shower. Practice until you are bored and your throat is sore. It honestly makes everything go better. It gives you confidence.
- Before your presentation, go in the bathroom and put on your razzle-dazzle smile, roll those shoulders back, and loosen up a bit before going in. It’s like stretching out before a workout.
- Do what comes natural. If you naturally like telling jokes, then tell jokes. If you’re better at trivia, place fun facts throughout your presentation. If you’re more of a storyteller, then tell stories. All three of these methods are natural ways for the brain to store and recall information, which will make your presentation smooth and memorable.
- My mental state whenever I start to get nervous in front of people is that most people are going to be off in their own world. For some reason, knowing that most people probably aren’t paying attention to me makes me feel better.
- When its over, always reward yourself. It gives you something to look forward to when things are rough right before you stand up and your legs are all shakey. And it links giving presentations with rewards in your brain, making future presentations easier.
These same tips also apply to speeches. And I would encourage you to share your health information with your professor. There’s no good outcome to hiding it, is what I’ve found with my health problems and my teachers. Every time I’ve been open about my limitations, I’ve found support. Good luck, anon.
Ke$ha is a perfect example of how the media loves to make intelligent girls seem dumb and bitchy even though they are actually smart and caring. Ke$ha isn’t far from being a feminist icon but the media continues to label her as a dumb drunk party girl.
and Ke$ha is all for loving yourself and equality but she continues to receive harassment from mainstream media. Enough harassment to the point that she developed an eating disorder because of it. She is an example of how horrible and sexist the music industry is.
Sage Kotsenburg, Staale Sandbech and Mark McMorris celebrate winning their medals at the Men’s Slopestyle Final